Saturday, January 24, 2009

Daily check in: twist out

So to follow up on my parabens discussion, I checked the back of my prods and these are the paraben free ones:

V05 moisture milks
Dr. Organics Castile Liquid Soap
Aussie Moist Cond
Alter Ego Garlic Cond
Mill Creek Jojoba Oil Cond
HE LTR leave-in
Elasta QP DPR-11
Aphogee 2 min reconstructor
Hot 6 Oil
Vatika Oil
Coconut Oil

So technically I'm not all out of products or anything if I choose to go paraben free except I think I'll deal with the parabens in the HB castor oil, Wave Nouv, Elasta QP mango butter, and the Neutrogena Triple Moisture (NTM) Cond...lol

Anyhoo, so today I DC'd on dry hair with Aussie moist and vatika oil overnight. Co-washed today with V05 and rinse out with my NTM cond. Hair came out in the shower (scary for me) but I refuse to be disheartened since I haven't combed since Tuesday morning.

Then this came out when I detangled with leave-in, moisturizer, and HB castor oil

Instead of a braid out, I did a twist out since it is easier to transform to a bun (not so curly).

Off to bed with 3 big cornrows. I must explain I have only done cornrows twice...just learned on my h's hair. This is the first time I'm trying on my own hair.

Finally, today I went to BSS to get a satin cap (lost mine), moisturizing conditioner to replace nexxus humectress. I got Elasta QP DPR-11...I have heard both good and bad things about it but am willing to try. I really wanted to get the Silk Elements but my BSS didn't have it. I also picked up a conditioner cap, a banana clip, and a hair scissors (finally!). I can do a search and destroy for split ends & pixie knots tomorrow night. I'm scared. Hope I don't have any split ends. I have seen pixie knots on my hair before...

No comments:

Post a Comment