Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Daily check in: 5 weeks post relaxer

Check out the new growth!!!

Anyhow, last night I did a hot oil tx with hot six oil then shampooed with Dr. Organics lavendar castile soap (diluted) to get out some of the oil, washed with Aussie moist, then conditioned with Neutrogena Triple Moisture (NTM) daily cond. I love the Aussie and the NTM!!!

Hot oil tx: I did it in an odd way because I wanted to do it on dry hair. I put the oil (heated) on my dry hair and wrapped my hair with a hot damp towel and covered that with a plastic cap. I kept it on for about 15 mins, reheated and put it back on for about 15 mins. I think next weekend I'll do it on wet hair cause Idk what I was trying lol

I used Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship (HE LTR) leave-in and Hollywood Beauty (HB) castor oil to seal in moisture and air dryed with scarf over top of head (Sunshyne's method) and one braid in back.

I'm a part of Hairlista's deep condition challenge for 2009. This requires that I DC at least twice weekly, I haven't this week yet and I usually wash only twice per week but since I skipped the DC last night, I may wash on Wednesday, then Friday night. I am not entirely sure. I think my husband will think I'm nuts.

This is my hair today

I am gonna start keeping track of my hair loss during washes. Somehow it seems like so much cause it just comes out when i pull gently on my ponytail but looking at this it's not soooo bad. I freak (and I mean FREAK) when there's a lot of breakage or shedding. So you know, I am not combing between washes for awhile (well, I'll be finger combing). Trying to minimize manipulating my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment