Sunday, March 21, 2010

A new product, my curls & the gym

Yes. A packed post lol.

So, first things first. I went to BSS to get some conditioner. My plan was my garlic conditioner, and a cheapie to do my mixed up conditioner. As usual, I got distracted. I saw Sedal SOS ceramide conditioner and remembered reading about them. Curiosity killed the cat I know but I really can't help myself. So I bought the conditioner. It was $7.99 so cheaper than my garlic cond ($16.99). Can't seem to find a pic so I'll have to take one and post another time. Mine is in a jar. Oh, I should point out I work in a Latino neighborhood so I'll always find those products. Then I got my cheapie -Lustra Silk. They have an organic conditioner now so I got that instead of the regular olive oil I usually buy.

I cowashed with my Neutrogena triple moisture (NTM) daily conditioner which I forgot I had. Can I just say, NTM, HE LTR condish, and Aussie Moist condish are THE BEST cowash conditioners you could invest in. Well, that's been my experience. They never let me down. Then I applied the Sedal (I did add some JBCO to it), and DC'ed overnight. I detangled in the shower this time, then rinsed and roller set with HE LTR leave in.

Review of ceramides: This was my first use but it smells great, is pink, and has a lovely soft texture (not thick like DPR 11 or Mizani Kerafuse) similar to the cholesterol fam of cheapie conditioners. My hair was nice and soft when I took shower cap off in the morning though I worried about leaving it so long (but all was well).When I rinsed it, I felt lots of slip but when it was all out, I lost the slip feel ...it dried beautiful though. Nice and shiny as you'll see below.

Curly Style #1
I will try to show you my curly styles and my straight styles. This is how I do my roller set curly style - I do this with the orange curlers or the pink ones (smaller - takes longer to dry). I sat 45 minutes under the dryer.

Then I remove the curlers, separate with some IC gloss (I use the one for damaged hair because I want my hair to get as much of whatever they put in it lol so I recommend you buy that one) on my hands and thats it. This is 20 minutes after I've removed the curlers. The curls drop on their own so don't pull on them.

This is after I've been out in the wind, dust, and been at church (4 hours after). The weather was wonderful!
Now for the gym. I don't quite think I want to introduce my hair to dry conditioner but I'm heading to the gym this week and I need to do something. For now, I'm planning to just use a bit of leave-in and seal after, allowing it to air dry. Then I'll wash as usual at the end of the week.

Oh! One more thing. I got a leave in from a friend. It's just a tester bottle but I'll be excited to try it. It's called Jane Carter Solution revitalizing leave-in conditioner. If anyone's used it, let me know what you thought. Based on what I'm reading on the site, I think it's something I'm gonna love. I really like the ingredients. It maaaay replace my motions nourish. We'll see.....

8 comments:

  1. JUST GORGEOUS, U ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION I SWEAR. I LEARN SOMETHING EVERY TIME I VISIT UR BLOG...GREAT POST, THANX..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your hair was able to airdry in those rollers within 20 minutes?? I feel like my hair takes forever to dry when rolled!

    -Khalia

    www.glamourandlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Glamour, I meant that 20 minutes after I took the rollers out the curls dropped. I dried for abt 45 mins under the dryer. I wish my hair would dry faster. I updated the blog to make it clearer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curls look great! I didn't actually buy the SOS Ceramidas conditioner (yet) but after your review I'm thinking about going back. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nadege! I have no complaints about ceramides...relatively cheap & works :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete