Monday, October 12, 2009

Need a revamp

I honestly don't think my hair is responding so well to this JBCO as others. Actually I think I'm overdoing it. I got a blow out on Fri and my hair was and still is greasy and flat with no bounce. I have never experienced that coming from the hairdresser. It looks lifeless and thin. Back when I was just doing less shampoo and more moisturizing and sealing (M&S) I got to APL so quickly. I definitely think I used too much JBCO in the DC but I have also been doing too much I think.

Here is my new regimen.

Weeks 1 - 4
Cowash and DC once a week.
Protein reconstructor once a week.
M&S twice a day
Bun or other protective styling 5 out of 7 days

Weeks 5-8/9
Cowash and DC once or twice weekly as needed
Protein reconstructor once a week
Clarify and 2 step protein once (week 7)
M&S twice a day
Bun or other protective styling 5 out of 7 days

I will use a small amount of JBCO in my DC mix along with honey. I will also add it to my sealant mix (with a lighter oil - carrot oil)

I relax this week (Thursday) so I will do a one month JBCO challenge update

I have learned one important fact during my hair journey and it is to listen to my hair. Right now, my hair is overwhelmed with JBCO. I just need to use it less often. I used to use JBCO back home and I know my hair likes it. Maybe not as much as I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment